Saturday, February 12, 2011

A comparatively quiet day.   I went to Mass at 4PM.  On the way, I got gas in the car and picked up a loaf of bread.

A bit more about the Brigidine nuns and I will post pictures of the Outdoor flame that was for a while lit by gas but is now  lit by LED lighting during the night and the sun during the day.    The flame, actually lit during preChristian times was kept lit by the Brigidine Sisters until the 16th century.     It was relit by Sr. Mary Teresa Cullen, then leader of the Brigidines, at the opening of a 1993 Peace and Justice conference in Kildare.
Srs. Rita and Phil have a small shrine with the original flame in their home.    We were invited to their home and were allowed to light a candle from the flame to take the message of peace and justice home with us.    I have that cancle and will light the flame for my bible study and for the Celtic Women when we meet.  So the flame has been burning again for 18 years and the nuns are trying to raise money for a proper shrine to house the flame.   I purchased a book called Rekindling the Flame by Sr. Rita.


Tomorrow I will be able to be home ALL day again.   That will be nice.  I believe that I can transcribe all of my notes by the end of tomorrow.    Oh Dear.   There will be no football game.

Have a lovely sleep and God love you

Mary

No comments: