Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Life if almost back to normal.   I am still exhausted but figure by the weekend will be back on Central Time.

Today I did my grocery shopping in the morning and got my hair cut.   It is COLD.  It was sub zero during the night and got all the way up to 10 degrees this afternoon.  The wash is almost caught up.

I had intended to be meeting Mother, Jeff and a therapist from Meadow View at Mother's house this morning, but because of the cold, Jeff put the visit off until Friday when it will be warmer.  It is not wise to take Mother out into that bitter cold.  She will be able to go home soon and we want to be sure that the house is ready for her.  Then we will have to reactivate her morning help, the cleaning and the TV service and whatever else she should need.


Now for a bit of a continuation of the tour.  Sunday night we were all finally gathered and in the evening had a wine and cheese plus reception in the hotel.   I will attach a picture of the whole gang (of the women anyway, the men chose to stay out of that picture) and also a picture of Christchurch from the hotel room.

We went to bed from that as the next morning, we were picked up at about 10AM by Mick Mulcahy, the driver for Donohgue of Galway.   I recommended that company as I had traveled on it for two tours.  Joe, the first driver that Bobbie and I had, is now the owner and manager of the company.   Mick was a marvelous driver providing commentary as appropriate for the whole 7 days telling us the highlights of the countryside, the traditions and lots of stories.  That first day, we drove to the Kaedeen Hotel in Newgrove which is near Kildare.   We stopped at the home of Sr.Rita   and Sr. Phil.   the Brigitine nuns who relit the Bridgit flame in 1992 at a peace conference in Kildare and have tended it ever since.   I purchased Sr. Rita's book  Rekindling the Flame that tells the tale of the meaning of the flame.

Tomorrow a bit more about that. 

I am going to close up now and get ready for bed.

May God and Mary keep you safe

Mary

No comments: