Wednesday, April 29, 2009

That Chelsea woke up at 3AM again. I sometimes wonder if because I wake her up from such a sound sleep at 9PM she is not really ready for her last nighttime bathroom call and that is why she is coming so early. Oh. Well. I went back to bed until 6AM and did get my sleep anyway.

I watched all of Good Morning America today because it was exciting to see the "gang", Diane, Robin, Chris and Sam all in Waukesha for a block party. Wow. They served them brats, but they were Milwaukee brats on a "brat bun" with a sauce of beer and onions rendered down on them. I think they should taste a real Sheboygan brat on a proper hard roll with butter, catsup, mustard, dill pickle and onion. Not that is a brat.

After the show,I went to the bank and then grocery shopping. When I got home, Dick was sleeping so I made a fruit salad and then cooked some brats out on the grill (the show did make me hungry for them). I got Dick up at noon and we had a proper brat on a hard roll with salad for lunch.

Then at 2PM I went to Rocky Knoll for the Amputee Support Group meeting. We had a speaker today. Dinah Federer came an talked to us about her new book called Chasing Normal subtitled A Guide for the Newly Disabled and for Those Who Love Them. She has had a disability since birth but in recent years developed a second condition which caused her to eventually have to stop working and gave her the basis for this book. I have not read it yet but after listening to her speak am looking forward to it and feel that there will be a lot to digest in it.

Rocky Knoll is so welcoming of the Amputee Support Group. They give us a room to meet and always bring coffee and treats. Today they had mini chocolate covered cream puffs that were absolutely decadent.

Now we are listening to the President's speech about his first 100 days. He is handling the questions well. We will see how the nation responds to it. He seems unflappable. He mentioned that when he started running for the office the War in Iraq was the main issue out there. Before he took office the economy had tanked and health care had loomed it's ugly head again. So there are all kinds of balls that have to be kept up in the air. We need patience and have to give time for the plans to work. This is not an easy when we still have our young men and women in foreign countries dying when they should be home. We have too many people unemployed and underemployed. The banks and our auto companies are in a sorry state. We need to continue praying and to work together. I am sorry that he is "pro-choice" but I do understand the concept. I have the other outlook that a life upon conception is a life and somebody has to advocate for those most helpless and defenceless human beings. But I do agree with him that abortion itself is a moral not a legal issue.

So the day is almost over and am I ever glad. Only one more full day before I get my mini vacation. I can hardly wait for that.

That naughty Roxie jumped up onto the TV last night and knocked the lovely bouquet of daffodils off onto the floor. I picked them up and put them back. They look a little bedraggled but are hanging in there. I think I rearranged things so that she can't make that trip again.

Mother Teresa said " Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls."

Love

Mary

No comments: