Sunday, April 26, 2009

It was both a busy and quite wonderful day.

Chelsea did not wake me up the first time until almost 5AM. Which is almost unheard of. I took her out and then went back to bed until a bit after 6. I spent the morning getting things ready for the noon meal and helping Dick with his bath.

Jim and Michelle came back from Oklahoma City on cloud nine. They had updated their blog so we knew that things went well, but it is even better to hear things from their own lips.

I prepared enchilada stacks, bean and chicken tostadas and for Jim since we don't know when they will be here for dinner again for at least some time, Chocolate Mousse. (Dick says Jim always gets what HE asks for.) I have not made that in a long time and I don't know why. It sure does taste good.

Everything tasted good and we found out a LOT about their new job and the place.

I called Bart and Barb tonight and updated them on Jim and Michelle's move. They are delighted and would like to show them around if they need it and want to take them for dinner or have them over for dinner. If our children are moving away, at least they are moving closer to each other.

We lazed around the rest of the day and listened to the rain. I opened a couple of windows today and some kitties we know sure got excited. Roxie's ears sure perked up when she heard the birds singing.

With all the blackbirds singing their hearts out this spring, I thought I would reprint my poem about the red winged blackbird that greeted me every morning one whole summer when we lived at Hunters Glen. People tried to tell me that he was protecting his nest but I know he just was saying Hi. If he wasn't on the street sign when I approached it, I would see him flying across the wetland to get there before I did. I will send a picture too.

Have a good week
Mary

THE SENTINAL


The red-winged blackbird waits
Bounding jauntily
On the street sign at the corner.
He trills his song for me.



Bounding jauntily.
Is he greeting or scolding?
He sings his song for me
Each morning.


Is he greeting or scolding
There on his perch
Each morning.
I would miss him.



There on his perch.
How long will he stay?
I would miss him.
The red-winged blackbird waits.

No comments: