Thursday, June 21, 2007

It was a beautiful day today. Chelsea and I started it with a walk at 6AM. She was a happy girl and got to bark at a couple of people too. I saw a heron flying overhead and there were lots of happy birds out there. After the rain we had last night. Not much but enough to freshen things up and give everything a drink.

After that I cleaned the carpet in the office and cleaned the upstairs bathrooms. At about 10, Dick and I drove to Sheboygan. We picked up his new support thigh high stockings first. Then we went to Office Max to look at chairs to replace the one that broke. We found one designed for big and tall people that fest good to him. When we got tot he checkout we found out that it was 65 dollars less than the tag said. So we were VERY happy campers. Lastly, we went over to Bed Bath and Beyond and picked up a Paraspa to do heat therapy on my hands with melted paraffin. It too was much less than we were led to believe so I got that today to.

Then home. I tried to nap but was unable to sleep so I read for a while, made some phone calls and just puttered around the house until dinner.

I mentioned last night that we had watched the AFI's selection of the best 100 movies of the past 100 years. Jaws was one of them and I enjoyed a quote from Steven Spielberg, regarding the movie. he said. "I had not intended Jaws to be a movie where you waited an hour to see the shark. Only because the shark didn't WORK did you have to wait an hour to see the darn thing."

This reminded me of a time that Bret, Bart and I went to Universal Studios for their tour. The tour consisted of a tram ride through the studio with several kind of "real movie" experiences. At one point the tram went on a track over a body or water and as we were going over the water, to our right and coming over our shoulder came JAWS. It was sudden and scary. Poor Bart, who was about six, crumpled and tried to crawl over me and out of the tram on the other side. He was just moaning. It really scared him. Then he realized that it couldn't be real and kept stammering "It's Just a Model.. It's Just a Model" I assured him that it was of course. Boy was that kid scared.

That's all folks

Mary

No comments: