Friday, February 02, 2007

Another LONG day. We switched cars with Jim and Michelle because we thought they would need the Santa Fe to transport a new shower door for the downstairs bathroom at Hunters Glen. As it turned out the door has to be special ordered but this meant that we were switching cars at 5:45 AM. I was up at 5 anyway and took my shower because of the trip to Valley View at 6:00AM. Chelsea didn't want to walk too far. It was only 7 degrees out there.

When we got home I cleaned the kitchen and made the stew for the Wild Game Dinner which is tomorrow. I think I will bring a loaf of Irish Brown Bread and butter too. It goes so well with the stew. Must remember to get wine up too. We have tested the wine I made with the wild grapes from Becky and Bryan's place and it is ready and tastes pretty good. I want to bring some current for Jeff and Kathy too. It is still a little sharp, but we can share more later.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. Jim and Michelle are going and Michelle said she will help with the beer tasting serving. I think she will get a big kick out of it. I am also looking forward to the fact that for the first time in five days we don't have to be at the hospital until 8:00AM. What a luxury. I can sleep until 6:00AM, maybe even 6:30 if Chelsea doesn't bug me.

We got home in time to watch a bit of the "Greatest TV Commercials" featuring the Super Bowl commercials. The one of Mean Joe Green drinking the coke is considered the best of all. You remember that don't you? Mean Joe is limping off the screen and this little boy gives him his coke and Mean Joe throws him his old sweaty jersey. Cute as can be. It reminded me of something else cute as can be.

Sara and Nora went to a Packer Practice, either with the Recreation department or the Boys and Girls Club. They came home just agog and Nora, literally wide eyed and breathless said in a voice trembling with excitement that Reggie White had touched her hand. She held her hand like it was a treasure. I have this picture in my head of teeny blond Nora and big black gentle Reggie clasping hands as he went into the practice session. Beautiful.

Have a nice weekend.

Love You

Mary

No comments: