Wednesday, January 31, 2007

We do have the nicest nurses. Tonight they put on a movie for us. Tim Allen's first Santa Clause movie was available so we got to see it. We had enjoyed the third one so much that we were planning on seeing the other two, now we only have one to go.

It was only 4 degrees when I took Chelsea out this morning. I am taking my shower first, then her out as 5:00AM is earlier than she is used to going out anyway. We didn't go too far. After the 6:00AM intravenous we went to the Wilderness for breakfast. They have the best fried red potatoes with onion. Their biscuits are good too. Nice and light and fresh.

We had to be back at Valley View at 8:15 for our diabetes education. That went well. There is one other person in our group. The first session went over portion sizes and how to count carbs and how many a person should have. We learned A LOT.

Home again. I actually got to do some sewing today and I picked out some fabrics to go with the fat quarter that I got from Dottie at Blessed Trinity. They are doing a Christmas quilt for the Celtic fair this year and I said that I would do a couple of squares for the quilt. I like doing that. We just have to do stars. There are SO many varieties that I am having trouble choosing.

Tomorrow we will have the two sessions at the hospital and we are grocery shopping. At least we will be close to home all day.

I had my hair cut today too. There was a coupon for a free cut at Shear Delight here in Plymouth and as it has been two months, I thought I would take advantage of it. I will see how it works out. I am so used to Maria and she is so used to me. It always looks OK at first and this is OK - but it takes my own working with it to be sure. I must remember, in any case, that Aunt Ruth Eisman always said that the only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is two weeks.

Have a nice Thursday. It is supposed to continue cold and was snowing a bit when we came back from Valley View. I hope it doesn't get too heavy. Well, Carpe Diem.

Love

Mary

No comments: