Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This morning it was 7 degrees when we got up. Chelsea and I had a pretty good walk anyway. We went for almost a half an hour. She was not adverse to coming home though.

I went to Sheboygan Falls at about 9 and took Mom some of the vegetable lasagna that was left from lat night's dinner. She is always glad for such meals because she is not likely to make a lasagna for herself. We had a nice visit. We started talking about the old neighborhood. Mother remembered one of our old neighbors, a Schmidt. One night Jeff and his friend Keith (Trapper) Larson were sleeping outside in a tent or something and got really silly and were running up and down the street under an old furniture cover such as is used when moving furniture. Mr Schmidt was known to over imbibe sometimes and had apparently done so this night. The poor man saw the boys in the shadows and thought that it was some sort of monster. Now you need to be aware that at that time there was a stretch of thick woods in back of the homes on Pinehurst Court. He ran, terrified, into the house shouting and called the police. Jeff and Keith were scared then and ran home. The police came and searched the woods and by ways but, of course found nothing. Jeff and Keith felt so bad that they went to Mr Schmidt and tried to tell them what they had done, but he never did really believe them. Surprisingly there are no rumors of Yeti or Big Foot in the Sheboygan Falls rural areas.


before I headed over to church to meet with Jim, Beth, Shirley and a surprise, Martin, a guitar player to practice the poem that I wrote with the background music. It sounds really good with Shirley reading it to a background of guitar and Jim's flute. Jim (Wilsing), my bagpiper friend, plays tin whistle. However he is using a new wooden North American Indian flute that he just picked up on.

The reading went beautifully. I am pleased that I was able to help with this goodbye gift for Fr. Neuman. He was at the rectory when we finished, so I walked over to say goodbye in person as I will not be able to attend his retirement party on Sunday as Dick and I will still be gone.

The rest of the day was quite busy around here. I contacted Home Care Resources to come out next week and see what they can do about grab bars in the showers. Matt, the gentleman I talked to says he has done them in Tall Grass so it can be done though it is somewhat of a challenge. Anyway, he will be here on Tuesday.

Tomorrow we will keep the Clinic open again as I told you yesterday. We have added a blood test to the mix as Dr. Phelan wants to see if there is any infection in his system to see if we need to keep him on antibiotics.

A little quote that I read in the Reader's Digest this month. Hugh Downs said "To say my fate is not tied to your fate is like saying, 'Your end of the boat is sinking.' "

Kind of goes along with the thought that we are all one body and need each other.

Take care

Love

Mary

No comments: