Monday, January 15, 2007

Our second decent snowstorm of the year. We got 2 to 4 inches here in Sheboygan County. The roads were pretty well plowed by the time I headed out to Sheboygan Falls for Bible Study. We had 6 stalwart people at the study. We had some animated discussions, especially about the 2nd reading in which Paul writes that all the parts of the body are important, comparing it to the fact that all the talents people have are important. Without any of them we would be lost. We all found it quite amusing when our Joe said that if he was to chose a body part to be, he would like to be a toe. As he said, the toe is covered and warm and without it the body has a very hard time staying balanced.

We pray for lots of things too, you know. One of our people said that January makes her anxious for some reason and the reading from Nehemiah seemed to be for her "Do not be saddened this day, for rejoicing in the Lord must be your strength."

Stopped off to visit Mother after the study. She is doing well and her eye is starting to look more normal. She had received a nice letter from our cousin, David Bowser, who is a historian and genealogist. He sent a bit of family history and copies of some great pictures of Bowsers, Kings and Lyons. It is hard to believe that Mother will be 91 on Sunday.

Then home for lunch and off to the Plymouth Writers Club. They, I guess We now, call ourselves the Cream City Writers. Lots of things read at this meeting. I got good critique on a couple of poems. I found out that if I put them on the blog, they are considered published, so I probably won't be able to do that anymore, at least if I am sending them places.

When I got home, Jim and Michelle, who had a day off for Martin Luther King Day, were playing pool with Dick. That was a pleasant surprise. I had a conference call at 4:00 for Celtic Women. They were really impressed with Beth Dipple and my response to the Celtic Christmas Program. I need to contact Beth so we can plan a second program.

Picked up Market Day at 5:00 and then I was done. I cannot figure out why my Mondays get so full.

Tomorrow, Dick goes to The Clinic in Sheboygan for an echo cardiogram. I am assigned to go up to De. Hodous office and mention the split toe nail.

I read somewhere that the richest person in the world is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the least.

Something to think about.

Be healthy and happy.

Mary

No comments: