Friday, November 17, 2006

I hope that tomorrow turns out to be much like today. It was not too cold and there was no precipitation. Chelsea woke me up at 6:03AM and she was a very enthusiastic walker. I thought at first that she was, perhaps, a bit tired because she kept turning around before we got to the ends of the cul de sacs - but she just wanted to get to the park. She was very hungry too.

I think the worst is over. She still has to take her anti biotics for almost two weeks but she is OK.

Went to have lunch at the Dairy Queen with Marlene, Ceil, Barb, Mary and Joyce. We had a pleasant lunch and visit. We will not meet for two weeks because of Thanksgiving. Joyce told us that she had heard that a Kayla had been hurt in a rollover accident on the way to school that morning. The last name told us that it was Betty's grandaughter. She was taken to Sheboygan Memorial with non life threatening injuries. Certainly a relief. It was a hit and run. How can ANYONE do that and leave someone hurt.

I went to the new Plymouth Historical Museum opening tonight. I was SO impressed. When I was in there two weeks ago, I never would have guessed they could get it ready in time. It is very impressive. That is where Beth Dipple and I are going to have our first Irish program, a Christmas Tea with a harpist and Irish Cakes and comaradery.

While at the opening, I met Mark Kleinhans and his wife. Mark built the Tallgrass condos and also lives here. I mentioned to him that I love it there but miss my kitties. He and his wife got a funny look and said they see no reason why I shouldn't get them. Those by laws are intended to be guidelines and besides, cat's in a house, do not bother anyone. Mark's wife said that bylaws can be changed but who would know there are here. I also met Tom and Linda Phillips who live down the street. I knew Tom before as he is the principal at St. Mary School in Falls which is run by Blessed Trinity. He and Linda said - go get your kitties.

When I told Dick, he looked very surprised and gave me more hope than I have had in two months that I can perhaps get Oscar and Roxie back. This would make the house perfect as far as I am concerned. I figure we can put the litter box down in the basement, I am thinking in the guest bath. Anyway, Dick hasn[t said yes but he is considering. Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could have them back.

We tried a Chicken Helper for supper tonight and it was really good.

I will be closing now as I need to get Dick's legs soaped and need to be in bed early so I am ready to go hunting tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Love

Mary

No comments: