Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today was a marathon.

We started out by grocery shopping. That was quite successful. We were home by 9:15 or so and had a chance to get the groceries put away and relax for a little bit. I got all updated on my computer stuff. (I think).

Then at 11 or so we left for Dick's famous Unwrapping of the Legs. The swelling is dramatically down. Those wrappings are amazing. Wonder who ever thought of it. Now we have to heal some of the ulcers that started when the legs were so swollen. Dr. Phelan suggests that we wrap them once a month for a while to see if that will keep them close to normal.

We went right downstairs to the flu shot clinic. Now we won't have to watch for the schedules at the grocery stores etc.

That got us just right for my appointment with Dr. Wenberg. I have made an appointment for my yearly checkup and mammagram for December but Dick wanted me to ask him for help getting my stomach back to normal. Will watch diet and try a new pill that may help. I am to try the pills for two weeks then get a six week supply if they help. So, I will not expect miracles but a steady improvement.

We proceeded from there to lunch at Applebees. Being that it was past the rush hour, it seemed a good time to go there. They DO have such good food.

On to the bank to cash a check for Mother, then to her house to deliver her cash and her wine. Can't keep her on the water wagon too long, you know. Visited for a bit then home, with stops at Walgreen's to pick up prescriptions for both of us, the liquor store (Which was closed this morning. The sign said that hours were from 9 to 9 and it was ten minutes after when we drove by. The delivery man from Flipse was there too shrugging his shoulders.) and the gas station.

Then, finally HOME!!!! We were exhausted. I took a short nap.

Watched Dancing with the Stars, then remembered to check messages on the phone. To my sorrow, I have a message from Jacquie, my dear ex sister in law. My brother in law, Keith's son Jessie died today. Poor boy was only 22 and was suffering from cancer. A bone marrow transplant was in the works but apparantly they did not find a matching donor in time. Two matches had changed their mind after being matched. What is that? Why did they sign up in the first place? Anyway, a sad message and I will call Jacquie in the morning. I tried tonight but had no success in reaching her. Pray for Keith and Joy, it is so very hard to lose a child.

Tomorrow we get to stay home ALL day. And I intend to only stick my nose out to walk the dog and get the mail and paper. Hopefully, we can get the pictures on the walls and the counter clean again. I would like things nice for the weekend.

Suzi called tonight too. She and Hazel are going to be at the wedding and are staying at the AmericInn up the road on Saturday night so it won't be too hard on Hazel.


So that was our marathon day. I must remember the quote that is on a picture that Barbara gave me of a statue of Jesus up against the sky. It says "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."

Love

Mary

No comments: