Monday, October 16, 2006

It was a pleasant and special day today. Bart called this afternoon. I had called HIM yesterday but he was unable to talk then. We had a nice phone visit. Nice for me especially because he sounds so much better. He is trying very hard to get a treatment that he believes will be helpful for him. There is only one doctor in Oklahoma who does it and you have to be there when he is available. It seems odd to me but this is the way the doctor works. Let us pray that he continues to improve and that if and when he gets this treatment it is all he expects it to be.

Went to Bible Study this morning. We were animated starting at the beginning with a discussion not at all related to the readings. Most of the studiers had attended a meeting regarding the collaboration with St. John's in Kohler that WILL take place next year due to the priest shortage. They all agreed that the meeting told them nothing and they were very disappointed.

Then I visited with Mother for about an hour. We always have SO much to talk about. Dick and I will stop off after his doctor appointment. She informed me that she is "on the water wagon." We got a good laugh about that. Dick actually prides himself on keeping her supplied with wine. I know that she likes to have a glass before she goes to bed at night. She said that most of her bridge playing buddies do the same thing. I know it is good for their blood and I am sure it relaxes them as they are winding down for the day.



Got a message from Bobbie today. Here it is in Bobbie's words. I simply HAVE to Share.

Well, we don't need to get the dust blown out of the ductwork any more!

Fat little Roxie squeezed her way down the cold air return Friday evening.
Once I figured out what had happened, I had to wake Bill out of a sound
sleep to drill out the rivets in the access panel in the basement so we
could rescue that little troublemaker!

(I had taken the grill off the cold air return to strip the paint off.
Both cats had sniffed around it, but I couldn't IMAGINE one would decide to
squeeze through that little opening)

All is well.

By the way. Be sure you pick your berries, especially blackberries before Halloween. I found out last week that you should never pick them after Halloween because fairies may have deficated on them.

Love

Mary

No comments: