Saturday, October 14, 2006

I am home safe and sound. The conference ended at about 9:30 and after a slight turn delay getting out of town because the directions I got off the internet did not know that Wisconsin Avenue was blocked off before I got to 6th Street which is where I was instructed to turn to find Hwy 43. I just worked my way east and north until I found 6th Street and Wa -La there was a sign for Hwy 43. So it was pretty easy in the long run and I was home at about 10:30.

It was a good conference. I met a several new people, connected with several people that I knew from before. I traded four of my books for other author's books and sold three others. It was cool.

One of the speakers was from the Aran Islands and had a great quote. Padraig said that when whe came to the islands after college, one of the ladies on the island said. "You mean to say that you wnt to four years of college and did not learn how to knit?"

Perspective. Anyway, I will tell you more as the days go on.

Love

Mary

No comments: