Monday, October 09, 2006

This morning we had a nice discussion at the Bible Study. The first reading is in the Book of Wisdom. We find it interesting that Wisdom is portrayed as a woman. This in a society that considered women the possessions of the men - first the father, then the husband. Yet Wisdom was the portrait of understanding, and knowledge and was to be prized above all beauty, riches and fame.

I also picked up the banner from church. I will sew on the label tomorrow evening and will take it with me on Thursday to share. I actually remembered to get it.

Then Jim and Michelle took us with them to Appleton to shop at Sam's Club. Dick had never been there. I was to a Sam's Club ONCE with Bart and Barb. We bought a few things, of most interest, a package of instant potatoes with 10 packages of four different kinds. Yukon Gold, Red, Twice Baked and Sweet Potato. They all sound interesting and fun.

Jim and Michelle stocked up on lots of food and drinks for their wedding.

Tonight I met a friend, Donna, who wants me to assemble a baby quilt top for her. She embroidered five squares for a baby quilt for a mutual friend's grandson and does not quilt. Donna is a little different but a good soul and I decided to help her. We picked out sale fabric at Evans which she can afford and she still has enough for the batting if I don't have any in my stock.

Talked to Barb tonight. She sounds much better though she is dreading returning to work tomorrow after her four days off. Bart is much calmer and Dr. Davies has reintroduced his meds to him and has instructed him to go daily to the YMCA to exercize. He wants him busy with a purpose.

I have been thinking of the value of a human being. I remember when I was in my late teens or early 20s talking to my cousin, Jerome Ziegler, who was at that time a Catholic Priest, feeling down and inferior. He told me to always remember that I was as good as anyone and better than most. He told me that I should never forget that. I still hold those words in my heart and know it is true. It was clear to me and I hope it settles in your heart too, that God "don't make no junk." We are more precious than the angels.

Have a good Tuesday. Dick has a checkup tomorrow and Jim starts a job.

Love

Mary

No comments: