Monday, July 24, 2006

A very busy day. Started off with bible study. Peggy Feider brought the nicest reading for our opening prayer. It was from Mother Teresa. She said, in a nutshell, she never figured that she would help 42,000 people. She just picked up one person and then another and then another. Like adding a drop of water to the ocean. One drop isn't really noticed but without it there would be one less drop.

Then I took Mother to the Clinic to get her blood test. That went very quickly. Next I went to Sun Graphics in Plymouth to drop off my book. They are going to have the proof ready on Friday. I can stop after my lunch with the Plymouth Bank Ladies. That way they can have it ready for August 10th when I go to the ball game with the Deeleys. Uncle Leif and Aunt Nora will be here and Uncle Leif likes to arrange a ball game with a tailgate party. Should be fun.

Finally, I stopped at ReMax and dropped the way we want title to be held off to Erlinda and talked to Tom for a bit. We have not given up on the animals. Judy, the owner,is going to bat for us. She really felt, I believe, that my letter spoke for itself. I explained to Tom again, that Chelsea is really quite old AND she has a heart murmer and does experience little epileptic type episodes. I also told him that we got the cats from the Humane Society three years ago. They are now eight and we love them and hate to put them through any more trauma than just moving. However, bless her heart, Bobbie said that she and Bill would take them for the duration if it became necessary. We can't separate them and I would NEVER take them back to the Humane Society. That was a big relief. At least we have the security of knowing they will be loved and accepted together by someone who knows and loves them too.

Tonight I joined Dottie Diedrich and Marlene Freville to work on the Celtic Faire quilt. It is such a nice experience to hand quilt in a "quilting bee" situation. We all learn little bits about quilting and share in such a comfortable way, our life situations and just fun things. I like that. We got everything but ONE block, the stitching in the border and the binding done. Dottie is going to finish the last block and there will be a last session next Monday for the border stitching. Joyce will sew on the binding and Marlene will finish it off. It is beautiful. I will put a picture on agan and you can all order tickets from me.

Have a great Tuesday. I am going to Chicago. Dick and I were both supposed to go but he is just not up to the walking involved. So I will join the tour alone. I don't want to miss the Tut exhibit. and Dick doesn't want both of us to miss it. So I will go. We have to be really careful now because too much walking is just too much for him.

Have a great day


Love

Mary

No comments: