Friday, July 28, 2006

Most of the day was pretty good. It was very hot. The last time I checked it was 85 degrees. I guess we are better off than most of the nation and thank heavens for air conditioning. Thank heavens too, that we are not being threatened by rolling blackouts and have not been hit with the power outages that have been occuring in parts of the country.

I cleaned the kitchen this morning. Must remember to water the plants on the deck and on the pole out front in the morning before it gets too hot. I have one tomato that is red.

Had my weekly lunch with the ladies at the Dairy Queen. I told them today that we are moving to Plymouth. They all said that I was welcome. That is nice. Two of them go to the church, St. John's, so I won't be all alone. I remember moving to a new parish in California one time and being so alone that I cried. I cry alone, I don't like other people to see me crying.

After lunch, I picked up the proof of my book from Sun Graphics. It looks nice. Mary Kay did an edit for me. Dick and I will both check it. Then, with the corrections, we can get it printed. I am so excited.

Then I stopped at Cappelle's and picked up the first sweet corn or the season and a nice big fresh tomato for supper. Stopped at ReMax and dropped off the condition report. Swung by the Pig and picked up milk, eggs and (special treat) Krispy Cream donuts for dessert. Then I went to Wells to meet George, a personal banker, who wanted to review my accounts. Because of his review they are giving us a $150 credit on the closing costs on the mortgage. He had to tell me that we are really using everything that we need and would not recommend changes. I did tell him that after we buy the new house AND our current house sells, we will need to do SOME adjusting of accounts.

Then home.

Nora's Birthday is on Sunday. I can't believe that she will be 18 already.

Sometimes I wish I could wiggle my nose like Samantha the witch and make everything all right.

Love

Mary

No comments: