Monday, October 03, 2005

I had to be at three meetings between 6:00PM and 7:00PM this evening and I made them ALL. The Environment Committee was doing some seasonal changes in church. I was able to help for about 1/2 hour. While I was there, Jim Wilsing, my bagpiper friend, came in. He is doing the music tonight for the Mission that we are having at church. He spent two weeks down in the Biloxi Miss to help with the Red Cross. He said that it was extremely traumatic. He is glad he went and was able to do some good but will carry the pictures in his heart forever. I am going to see if Fr. Gene would like him to come to talk to our faith community. While I was working, he played Lament on the organ for me. What a guy.

Next, I zipped over to the Parish office and gave my report on the Celtic Faire. I have the go ahead for next year. We will again have the same band, the storyteller and the the Cashel Dennehy Dancers. I will do some rotation of the acts and publicize the times each will be performing. We are going to move the vendors under the trees on the music side of the building. I think they were too hot and away from the "action" this year. Last year wasn't quite so bad because we had the band out there. So we will move them.

Last, I went to Rhine Plymouth for the monthly meeting. I was only about 5 minutes late and they were waiting for me. It was a comparatively short meeting with only two really important discussions, the parking lot and the fact that beer is disappearing from the cooler. The second is very distressing. We HAVE to resolve it.

This morning, I went to Mass because I really don't need to be out extra evenings at the Parish Mission. Then I had breakfast with my friend Joann between Mass and Bible Study. That was pleasant. Joann is a real delight. Fr. Hart, our Mission Priest (a Franciscan) joined us at our bible study. So I got a little bit more of renewal and was able to ask for more EXTRA prayers for the kids in Oklahoma.

I think that I will get up my Halloween decorations tomorrow. I did hang the spider web wall hanging in the hall. After Halloween, I will hang the spinning pinwheel hanging which really came out looking good in that spot. I DO have to get a proper rod for it.

Mother is still quilting. Did I mention that. She has another quilt top ready for assembly. When we take her to the Sheboygan Theatre on Wednesday, I will ask her if she can go shopping for her batting and backing on Saturday. I can take her to Joanne's and then we can pick up Dick and all go to lunch. She likes that and we LOVE spending time with her.

Donna called tonight. Jessica wanted to know if we liked Wicked. She saw it in New York and was JEALOUS that we got to go. She would love to see it again. I will take the Discover books to Donna. It will be in Chicago til May of next year from the looks of it - or else in and out at least twice.

This seems to be a pitiful night for the Packers. They were tied in the first quarter but as we hit the half, Carolina is ahead by 16. Oops. I picked the Packers, out of loyalty, but thank heavens, I only gave them one point. My picks weren't bad this week. I believe I may move up a notch or two. Still below half but at least I am moving up.

An important fact to remember when raising boys.

When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.



Enjoy Tuesday.

Mary

No comments: