Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Another warm day. It was up into the low 80's. The "end" is coming soon. It is supposed to drop 30 degrees in the next couple of days.

Chelsea and I had a really nice walk this morning. The rest of the day was mildly busy. I got my haircut at 11:30 and then did a whole bunch of errands between that and my appointment with Dr. Casey. I told him about my sore knee. He adjusted it and showed me a couple of excercizes that should strengthen the muscles and make the pain go away. I can even do them while we are on the bus so the knee shouldn't lock up on the mystery trip.

Tomorrow we will go to the Sheboygan Theatre to see the first show of the season. Noises Off is the farce that is being presented. Some prople saw it on opening night and said that it was confusing to them. Nora saw it in Dallas and says it is a wonderful play. At least, she and Leif really enjoyed it. Usually the Theatre company does a great job on farces.

I got the results of my bone density test and everything is normal. I kind of figured it was. I have not even lost any height. I am still 5'4" and they say that people usually shrink as they grow older. If you lose bone density it has to go somewhere. Height would be the first place as far as I can see.

Tomorrow we will bottle a batch of Beaujolais. We have a lot in the making but are kind of low in our stock. Well, we should have plenty for Christmas, when we like to give it away. In two days, some of the scrath wines that I made last year will be ready for testing. The first one ready is the Lemon Balm Wine. We will taste it tomorrow. If it is any good, I must harvest some from Mom's garden before it freezes.

A poem from R. S. Thomas on eternity. I just like it.

"I think that maybe
I will be a little surer
of being a little nearer.
That's all. Eternity
is in the understanding
that that little is more than enough."

Sounds good to me.

Till tomorrow.

Mary

No comments: