Thursday, April 28, 2005

This afternoon, I drove four other ladies out to Rocky Knoll Health Care Center to play bingo with some of the residents. We do this every two months. The last one was cancelled because flu was sweeping the residents and they were keeping them away from others and others away from them to prevent spread. I really enjoy this. We spend about an hour and sit at a table with two to three of them to help if they have trouble with the numbers. I sat with two men today, Steve, who was able to do his own card and Paul, who could close the numbers but needed help finding if he had them. Both of my guys won a game. We bring $10.00 in quarters and each winner gets a quarter with four quarters presented for the last game, a blackout.

Tonight was choir. We have a pretty busy two months aheaed. We sing again on May 7th at the 5:00PM Mass. I will go directly to Richards to meet the family for Dick's birthday dinner. Dick's kids want to take him out for his birthday, especially since this is his 75th.

Here is a quote from B. C. the cartoon . Two of the ladies are talking. One says "Woe! says her, in biblical times. Women were stoned for being unfaithful to theie spouses." The other women asks " What about men?" The first replies "It would be my guess that they wer severely pebbles." The second says, "Go Girl!"


I also have a quote from Cadfael by Ellis Peters. Today's was really good. "There are true things I will not tell you and questions I will not answer, but everything I do tell you, and every answer I give you, will be the truth."

Tomorrow is quiet except for lunch in Plymouth, and I intend to stop at the Sewing Basket to see if they have any fabric for the back of I quilt that I intend to finish for the Celtic Faire.

Have a nice one.

Mary

No comments: