Sunday, September 26, 2004

The cheesecake is a keeper. It is three layers of chocolate. A cheesecake layer, a brownie layer and a ganache layer. Two of them I laced with Irish Potcheen.

Bobbie and I ate the venison liver. Wow was it good and we each got two pieces for later. The guys turned their noses up at it as usual. But they enjoyed their hamburgers and we all liked the raw fried potatoes.

The Packers lost - again. They seem to have no defense this year. The offence was scoring but they couldn't keep the Colts from scoring and were just outplayed. Ick!!

Tomorrow will be busy as we need to shop, pack and then I have two evening meetings at church. We must get up by 4:30AM on Tuesday morning to catch the bus for our Mystery Tour at 6:15AM.

Someday I plan on publishing a volume of my own poems. I read something today that I must keep in mind when that occurs. A quote from Don Marquis. "Publishing a volume of verse is like dropping a rose-petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo."

Puts it all in perspective.

Love

Mary

No comments: