Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Sewing Machines can drive a person to drink. I am trying to do some machine applique on a wall hanging and the thread keeps breaking. The black thread I am using is bunching and fuzzing, I believe because of the dye and because it is going through so many layers. I think tomorrow I will try the walking foot and see if that helps at all. At least I won't be trying to guide the several layers of fabric.

I am sure you are not at all interested in my sewing problems but I do usually put whatever is on my mind into this blog.

My brother Jeff sent the following to me a couple of years ago. It is worth repeating.

NATIONALITIES OF GOD
>
>
> There were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was BLACK:
> 1. He called everyone "brother"
> 2. He liked Gospel
> 3. He couldn't get a fair trial.
>
> But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was JEWISH:
> 1. He went into his father's business.
> 2. He lived at home until he was 33.
> 3. He was sure his mother was a virgin and his mother was sure he
> was a
> god.
>
> But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was ITALIAN:
> 1. He talked with his hands.
> 2. He had wine with every meal.
> 3. He used olive oil.
>
> But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a
> CALIFORNIAN:
> 1. He never cut his hair.
> 2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
> 3. He started a new religion.
>
> But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was IRISH:
> 1. He never got married.
> 2. He was always telling stories.
> 3. He loved green pastures.
>
> But the most compelling evidence of all - 3 proofs that Jesus was a
> WOMAN:
> 1. He had to feed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no
> food.
> 2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just
> didn't get it.
> 3. Even when he was dead, He had to get up because there was more
> work
> for
> him to do.
> ***********

Have a nice evening.

Mary

No comments: