Thursday, May 27, 2004

It has been a VERY long day. The most fun was the hour I spent at Rocky Knoll playing Bingo with the residents there. I promised a lady named Jules that I would bring her a honeysuckle or a marigold the next time I come. I put it on the calendar, so I should remember.

Sunday, Mother, Bart and Barb will be here for dinner. I am making the Famous Kunert Spinach, Egg and Cheese Casserole. I will give you the recipe. Perhaps I have done so already but it would have been quite a while ago and I know there are some recent readers.

FAMOUS KUNERT SPINACH EGG AND NOODLE CASSEROLE

4 Cups Cooked Noodles
1 Can Spinach (Drained)
Velveeta Cheese
8 hard boiled eggs
Margarine

Layer in the order listed. Noodles, tablespoons of spinach, sliced Velveeta, sliced hard eggs. About three layers and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until hot and the cheese is all melted through.

This is so good that even people who don't like spinach like it. Jim would not eat it from childhood because he said he didn't like spinach. Then, I prepared it one evening planning on another meal for Dick, Bart and me. When I went to get it, there was none left. He had come home, snug around lots and lots of beer, and ate it all - cold no less. He looked rather sheepish but has eaten it ever since and quite enthusiastically if I do say so myself. He used the excuse that it tasted ok cold.

Try it, you'll like it.

Love

Mary

No comments: