Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I checked the planters this morning and my marigold seeds are sprouting. At least it has been warm enough for that. Dick did point out that there have been a couple of really hot days before this last siege of rain and chill. The marigolds are very important. I make wine out of the petals in the Fall of the year. It is a very interesting sherry tasting wine. I also harvest the seeds for next years crop. Aren't I the thrifty one?

Yesterday at Bible Study, I shared the following. I received this probably 25 years ago from Cal, a fellow real estate agent at the Real Estaters in Huntington Beach:

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER

I'd like to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax. I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would take more trips. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

You, see, I'm one of those people who live sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've have my moments, and if I had it to do over again, I'd have more of them. In fact,I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day. I've been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat, and a parachute. If I had to do it again, I would travel lighter than I have.

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.

Written by: Nadine Stair, 85 years old of Louisville Kentucky.

I am sharing this also because a member of the Sheboygan County Writer's Club, Betty Marketos passed away this week. She was a charming lady who shared her life in the stories she wrote. She wrote of her youth and her travels in such a beautiful way that we felt we were seeing and experiencing the places and the time. She will be greatly missed. She certainly lived her life to its fullest.

Til tomorrow

Mary



No comments: