Thursday, January 29, 2004

Today is my sister Nora's birthday. When Dick and I were married, she and her husband, Leif, had already moved to Dallas and Dick didn't meet her for several years. He used to tease me about making up a sister. He said he had no idea why, with all the brothers and sisters I had, I would make up another one, but that was his conclusion. She is next in age to me. My brother Jeff better stop calling me the matriarch. My Mother is the only on who deserves that title right now and for a LONG LONG time.

I laid low again today. I did not go to help with Bingo at Rocky Knoll. Didn't see any sense spreading my germs in a hospital atmosphere and sent an e mail with my concerns to the members of the parish council that I have addresses for. Hopefully at least ONE of them picks up their mail during the day. I didn't get any acknowlegements so God only knows. I hope I am much better tomorrow. I would like to go to lunch with the Plymouth Ladies and also would like to go shoot pistol league with Bobbie and Jim.

I am re-reading a wonderful book by John O'Donohue called Anam Cara - A Book of Celtic Wisdom. I can read a short piece every day and get something out of it . Something new each time. Anam Cara means soul friend. We are our best soul friend but there are friends out there who sometimes become Anam Cara to us. Treasure them.
" I am as my Creator made me, and since He is satisfied, so am I." Minnie Smith
Love

Mary

No comments: