Tuesday, January 06, 2004

It was bitter cold this morning. Chelsea and I took an abbreviated walk. We started out as usual and as soon as I saw her trying to clean out her pads, I turned her around. A car was coming, so I carried her accross the street and then put her down for the trip home. We were out long enough that she was able to accomplish everything she should.

I went to my friend Harold's funeral today. I talked to his wife Carol who is in her words "weepy". As well she should be. It is hard to lose one's companion, even if we know he is safe in the Lord's hands. She said he just went to God sleeping in his chair. She found him asleep with his hand folded and no sign of struggle. What a peaceful end for a peaceful man. We will all miss him and that wonderful smile and willingness to help anyone.

"Give me a pure heart that I may see Thee,
a humble heart - that I may hear Thee,
a heart of love - that I may serve Thee,
a heart of faith - that I may abide in Thee."
Dag Hammarskjold

Good day

Mary

No comments: