Thursday, January 22, 2004

In one of my other lives, my ex husband, the boys and myself came to Wisconsin for Christmas one year. We stayed for a whole week and it was COLD. I believe that it ranged between 10 and 16 BELOW zero for our entire stay. I remember arriving at the airport and Nora picked us up. It was so cold and my California boys were not at all prepared for this. We were so grateful to get to my parents warm home and surprise them. All of my brothers and sisters knew we were coming but it was a surprise for Mom and Dad. Mother is so cool. Her only comment was that she supposed that she would have to make cut out cookies after all.

Such wonderful memories. I was reminded because we are currently having such cold days . It was 9 below while Dick and I were out shopping this morning and is still below zero. It is very hard on Chelsea but we have managed to keep her comfortable and "emptied".

Keep warm. We worry about Jim coming home after midnight on these cold days. Thank God for mobile phones these days.

Love

Mary

No comments: