Saturday, October 18, 2003

Such a great day. The weather is "to die for." It was in the low 70s this afternoon which is really easy to take in October. The Sheboygan County Writers Club sponsered a Poetry Reading at the John Michael Kohler Art Center this afternoon from 1:00 to 3:00PM. We did not have a BIG crowd, but we had a wonderful crowd. Five people from the club and as many readers from the community. We may have gained two more members for the club or more. Such talent.

I read several poems as we did a round robin. Some, I have featured on this site, some not. But they were well received. I ended with the poem that I printed for my kids at Christmas. Not mine, but I found it - attributed to an "anonomous Norwegian." I will repeat it for those who might not have heard it.

May you always find light on a cloudy day.
When you need to be home may you find the way.
May you always have courage to take a chance.
And never find frogs in your underpants.

Slainte


Mary

No comments: