Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Something special to report today.

On Saturday evening, St. Mary Home and School had their annual fundraiser, a spaghetti dinner with an oral auction, a raffle and a silent auction. I had purchased some raffle tickets. Last night I got a call that I had won two prizes.

The first is a really nice gift basket with candles, candy, a lovely pitcher and a cute little wooden basket. But the really fun thing was that I won the $500 tuition to St. Mary School. Tonight was the school board meeting, so I attended to collect my prize and turn the check over to the board to help any family or families who might be able to send their child or children to St. Mary with a bit of financial help. They suggested naming the fund after me but I didn't want that. However ------- I knew what to do and the Mary Deeley Tuition fund is now available at St. Mary School. Mother has done so much for the school. She was actively involved in the fundraisers to build it. Remember the Bricklayers? She sent nine children there and she even taught for a couple of years. As she says, St. Mary is the only alternative to public education in Sheboygan Falls and we are needed. It also provides an opportunity for God to be in the school for our children.

Love

Mary

No comments: