Thursday, October 19, 2017

Two very busy days.  

Yesterday, I had my radiation followed by a consultation with Dr. Smith, my radiation doctor.   I was able to clarify some questions that I have had about the treatments and the effects.   Apparently, the fact that my tummy is sore often is a result of these treatments.   All I can do is treat the effects with Tums and Pepcid.

I did join my Bible study group for the first time in three months.  Sure glad to be back with that group of people.    They are part of the prayers that have been keeping me afloat.


Bart and Barb went to the city yesterday for his preop.  He went into surgery shortly after lunch today.   Haven't heard what happened as of yet.   They were hoping to be able to scope the repairs which would make it much less invasive.

Nicky and I spent last night at their house so the critters would not be alone.    I went over again about 10:30AM to let them out again.   If I don't hear before my garage door repairman (who is supposed to be here between 4PM and 5PM and it is that now) is done, I will go and let them out again.

Today, I had radiation this morning, took care of critters, then at 2PM went to the new Irish Pub called Shamrocks for the Irish club meeting.    We had a great group of 9 including two new people.   Wow.   We discussed Halloween.   I brought my usual carved rutabaga Jack O Lantern.   

The weeks are getting so busy.   Tomorrow I just have the radiation treatment so intend to start sending pictures of Wales and England.   I have instructions from Leslie and she will be available for help if I get stuck.

Glad to be home!

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: