Sunday, December 25, 2016

A nice warm though off and on misty Christmas Day.    It was quite pleasant when Nicky and I took our walk.   No wind and very mild.

Before going to Mass I assembled the lasagna for our dinner.   I was on as usher at Mass this morning.   I was surprised that the church was not full to the rafters, perhaps everybody came last night to midnight mass.   It was a lovely mass at any rate.

Home again, Bret and I talked.   He is home in California with their little family.  So I am happy for him and always SO good to hear his voice.

Marlies, Bart, Barb, Tim, Amber and little Augie arrived shortly after 2PM and we had out dinner.   It was really good.   Barb brought salad and blackberry cobbler to accompany the lasagna and garlic bread.    I had not make lasagna for a couple of years and was pleased that it cam out tasting as I remembered.  Whew!

Nicky was a good boy.   He knew Bart, Barb and Marlies aa he likes kids, Augie was a pleasure to him.   He decided that Amber and Tim were OK too.   I loved having a toddler in the house.   What else is Christmas for.

Jim and Michelle and her brother, Jim will be here tomorrow.   Will have a repeat of today for menu.   Why mess with a good thing.

It will be good to see them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Dia DHuit

Mary

No comments: