Thursday, July 21, 2016

As Dad would have said.  It was hot as the hinges of Hell today.   My car thermometer peaked at 101 degrees.   My house thermometer says 96 now and it is 6:30PM.   More days like this to come.

A BUSY BUSY DAY.    I drove Bart to his dental appointment this morning,after baking scones in the early morning for the Celtic meeting this afternoon.    Poor guy.   They ended up extracting two teeth that he was thinking they were going to repair.    So I took him home and got him settled and then went on to the second event of the day.

THE CELTIC GROUP.!!!

Guess what.   Two people, PLUS, Sheila Robinson, a reporter from the Lawton Constitution and her photographer, Jeffrey, came to the meeting.    We have a core.   We will be meeting next month on August 18th.  Also, one of the new members, Robbi, offered her home for the first of (I Hope) many Samhain dinner in October.   That is the Harvest/Samhain/gathering that the Sheboygan Branch has been doing for several years.   We bring our best harvest dinner and share that with stories of Samhain.  Samhain is Halloween - the entry into the Dark season where people are supposed to regroup and reenvigorate.   It can happen.

I left there and picked Bart up again as I had to get him to see his Dr. Davies.   We did good.   Barbara came while he was with Dr. Davies.  This is ALWAYS good.  We are truly blessed to have Barbara in our lives.

Anyway.  I am home now, fed, Nicky is happy.   Tomorrow I will be chauffer for Bart again.   Guess there is a reason for me to be here at this time.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: