Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 18

A very unsettled day.     My neighbor, Bob, drove me to Meadow View Manor this morning so that I could spend time with Mother.    She is in hospice now.   I think I told you that.   This means that the journey to heaven is imminent.   That imminent could be a week of so, but it is now visible.   That is hard, even if I knew that it would happen and I know that Mom is ready to join Dad.

Jeff and Kathy came in at about the same time I did so we sat together.   She slept most of the time and though offered food did not eat.

After they left, I prayed a rosary in the chair next to her.   She does not hear well, but I figured she would know.  She has been praying her rosary every day when she was here in mind AND spirit so I figured she would like that.   I also sang a couple of nice Irish songs to her.  She slept but seemed so peaceful.   You know me.   I always need to DO something and this I could do.

Mothers still live forever.    And I know she will, in my heart and mind and sometimes when I hear the words that come out of my mouth.

So pray for an easy crossing for her.

I have the most wonderful neighbors.   My neighbor from across the street, Peggy, took me to mass tonight.   I needed that too.

Dia dhuit

Mary

No comments: