Friday, November 21, 2014

What a great day.     I had to bake Barm Brack this morning before meeting Bobbie at 10AM at the American Club in Kohler for the Christmas Market.    The reason I had to is because I poured the "strong milkless tea" into the dried fruits yesterday and then remembered that it had to soak overnight.  So.  I had to get it done early because the rest of the day was set aside for fun.  The bread is really good.

Bobbie and I met at Kohler and had a super time.    We do this every year and always enjoy all of the merchandise and food samples that are on display.   Lots of jewelry this year which neither Bobbie nor I are particularly interested in but lovely Christmas ornaments and decorations and tons of great knit warm cloths, some of Alpaca which is warm and not so itchy.    We both bought some smoked salmon from a vendor that Bobbie is familiar with.    Samples of course and it is REALLY good.    Roxie will love it when I open that.

This evening I drove in to Sheboygan to the Sheboygan Visual Artists 2014 Holiday Show.    Two of the Poets at Mead read a couple of poems during the evening and I wanted to cheer them on.   I enjoy the shows anyway and know a lot of the artists and attendees so it is a good time.    It was lots of fun.  Tim Ebenreiter was there as Ebeneezer Scrooge and stayed in character the whole evening.  

So home again and very content, I am ready for bed.   Tomorrow I get to be home all day and have plans.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: