Monday, August 04, 2014

What a lovely day.   The weather was part of the loveliness.   First it was sunny and reasonably warm,   not too humid and enough sun to make the world alive with the green around me.

Bible study was at 9:30.   We had all but one of our people there and ended up with a wonderful discussion of the church in Peter and Paul's time as it relates to us.   It seems that it took some time for even the Apostles to accept that Jesus came not only for the Jews but for everybody.   We sometimes wonder how we might have felt.   But it is the Spirit, that Jesus told the apostles to wait for, coming to those wishing to be baptized that made them realize the truth.   We also commented on the fact that there is an Atheist church in Madison now.   We wonder why, but perhaps the Spirit will come upon them also.

Then I had the nicest visit with Mother and gave communion to several of her neighbors.   The little lady whose husband died a week and a half ago now knows that he is gone.   I told her how sorry I was and how much I enjoyed him. 

Home again.   My dryer stopped putting out heat last week, Curt from A1 Appliances was able to get here this afternoon.  It was a fuse and he replaced both of them.   So I should be fine for a while.  I had to get out my rack last Friday as it took me three tries to notice that there was no heat and I had already washed another load.    Oh Well.   I am OK now.

Spent the rest of the day  on several projects.  I am home all day tomorrow and hope to finish a couple of them.   

Happy Birthday to Richard

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: