Saturday, August 23, 2014

Home from the 5K walk/run in Hilbert.

I went last night and spent the night with Jeff and Kathy as we were signed up to walk in the Cheesehead Run at Hilbert.  

We got there in plenty of time.   We all were excited to watch the half marathoners start at 7:15AM.   We found out that there were over 1400 participants in the event, which consists of half marathon, relay and 5K run/walk.   We all did well, because we all made it to the end.  The guys, Shane and Jeff, ran the 5K.   Jeff came in third in his class.   Kathy also ran and did 3rd in her class.   Georgie and I walked and took our time.   I still did 7th in my age group but I don't know how many were in my age group.  Don't want to know either.

The serve a spectacular buffet to the participants.  We had pulled pork sandwiches, grilled cheese, breakfast casserole, potatoes and on and on and on.   Water and gatorade were also provided and beer after the race.   I liked it and will probably tbo again next year.

You get a t shirt and a bag of goodies.   You all know that I am a sucker for that.

So home again, Roxie was so glad to see me.   My neighbor fed her this morning so she was not neglected.

Tomorrow I can be home all day - I am ready.

Dia Dhuit


Mary

No comments: