Saturday, July 14, 2012

It was a good day for us.    We slept until after 8:30AM.   I have not done that in years.    It did not stop me from taking a nice nap after lunch this afternoon.    Perhaps this will catch me up.

I was really rather lazy today.   I did a couple of loads of wash, took care of Dick and made an angel food cake.

As it is Saturday, I went to Mass at 3:30PM.   It was a nice Mass.   I like Fr. Dan so far.   As I said, we are getting a different slant on the gospels than we did and it is good to see different focuses.   This was the story of Jesus sending his disciples out two by two to  spread the Word and to drive out demons and heal the sick.    I'll bet that was a surprise to them.   After all, they were fishermen and not all that educated or high in society.   Can you imagine the trust they had in this Man, Jesus, to actually to out on his word?   And it worked.

Fr. Dan said that we have the same orders, washed down a bit.   We need to be in the world, care for others and be an example that will bring people to God.

Wouldn't winning the lottery be helpful.

Oh Well.   We do what we can.

Woke up to a message from Leslie that they were home safely.   They arrived at about 10PM and had the sense not to call then as they knew we would be asleep.  Then she called this afternoon as she promised.   She is not a telephone person at all, so I was delighted that she did.

We also have two u-tube events from Marcus.   He is eating peas and rolling over.   Such a lot to do for such a little man.   He is a treasure.

I have added  the Kunert/Smith family picture in this email.    We are so cool.   Someday we will have to get EVERYBODY.
Dia Dhuit

Mary






No comments: