Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Grocery shopping day. That pretty well wiped out the morning. When I got home, Dick and Chelsea were sleeping. So. I started mixing up salads and dinner. Dick had asked for Raw Beef Sandwiches, so I bought fresh ground round and mixed it up with chopped onion for his lunch and as it turned out, his dinner too.

I also made a fruit salad of cantaloupe and watermelon. That will last for several days. Probably through the weekend when I will be gone. I am looking for things that will be there for him to easily get to when I am gone. Tomorrow I am making a couple of casseroles that Bobbie can put in when I am gone. I also got some hamburger buns and will have hamburger patties ready to cook. I worry when I am gone, but Bobbie will be here for part of each day and I am leaving numbers of several people that he can call if he has any problems. I will call every night too.

I took a nap after lunch but am still tired. Went to the Amputee Support Group meeting today. Our speaker from the DMV canceled AGAIN. This time she had a great reason. She had to go to a funeral. Next month is our Christmas party. I am bringing Peanut Butter Buckeyes and I hope Dick along. We will be exchanging $5.00 Gifts too. That is always fun.

Now I am home until Friday morning. Yippee.

Roxie came in to sleep with me early this morning. That was a pleasant surprise. I really miss my Oscar being there to cuddle me before I got to sleep each night.

Have a good Thursday.

Mary

No comments: