Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Fourth of July! It seems quieter tonight than it was last night. Of course, it is still kind of twilight and the fireworks at the lakefront don't start for a half an hour yet. Last night the noise and light started at about 8:30. There is some activity but not much. Poor Chelsea, was a literal basket case last night. I forced her to go outside at one point, thinking that she really needed the opportunity to go the the bathroom. She wouldn't and actually turned down a lettuce treat.


I prepared the meat and pies for tomorrow's dinner so that I just need to heat things up while the guests are here. Jeff and Kathy are picking up Mother. Uncle Pat called for directions so I know that he and Joan will be here and Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Bob are coming.

We finally got rain. It actually rained early this morning before dawn and then started again at about 10 and rained some more until about noon. We need it so bad. This was a steady soaky rain and I hope it did some good.

Do you know that Dick has never had S'mores? I was shocked to hear that. Jim said he never had them either. This came up because I bought some Keebler S'more snacks. They are the construct your own, like cheese and cracker packs. You spread this creamy marshmellow on a sweet cracker and top it with a piece of chocolate and the second cracker. It tastes good - But - Those boys are going to have to experience the fun of slapping a burnt marshmellow on a piece of a Hershey bar between two Real graham crackers. Such deprived childhoods. I need to rectify that


Mary

No comments: