Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I have been terribly lazy for two whole days.

Sunday was Mother's Day and it was a happy day. Bret and Bart both called. All the other kids except, of course, Leslie, were here during the day and I got cards and flowers, so it was great.

Everybody but Dick and Brenda stopped in for breakfast on Sunday. I prepared a Strata. This was the first time I had ever tried one and it turned out just great. It was full of cheese, celery, onion and ham. I kind of combined three recipes, so when I get it together, I will post it for you. Dick and Brenda stopped by on their way up to see his Mother but skipped breakfast because they stayed at the Rochester Inn in Sheboygan Falls and took advantage of the great breakfast that is provided by the innkeeper.

Yesterday, I was not in the mood to post. By the time the day was over, I was exhausted. Poor Big Oscar got his teeth cleaned. I dropped him at Dr. Z's at 8:00AM, then went on to the bank and bible study. I got home at about 11:00 and had lunch with Dick. Next on the agenda was Writer's Club. I read my two sonnets. I got some positive feedback, so felt good about that. I got home and spent an hour doing house stuff, then went and picked up poor Oscar. He was a pitiful little creature. Actually he is finally back to normal this evening. He was sick to his stomach yesterday evening and didn't want anything to eat this morning but tonight he was hungry and seems to have the zip back in his eyes.

Last night I had a Celtic Faire meeting at church at 6:30PM. Celtic Faire is scheduled for September 11. I spent today, calling the vendors and musicians to confirm that we will have them. Four months seems like a long time but isn't really when it comes to booking good people.

Dick's birthday was surely a success. It is a pleasure spending time with his sister Hazel and niece Suzi and with niece Teresa and her husband Gary. We are doing more of this and hope we continue to do so.

It was nice and warm today, so I went outside and spread some peat and planting mix around. I still have more but took advantage of the opportunity to get some done so it isn't so labor intensive when I actually start planting.

Cheslea is going to get a haircut tomorrow. Imagine that.

Have a nice Wednesday.

Mary.

No comments: