Friday, January 14, 2005

Cold! Cold! Cold! It never go above 4 degrees today. Needless to say, Chelsea and I did not walk today. She did not object but was rather confused. I let her out OFTEN.

Went to Plymouth for lunch with the gals despite the cold. Dairy Queen has a mushroom Swiss burger that is delicious. Ceil gave me a .50 coupon, so I tried it and liked it. It was a break from my usual Sheboygan County Fair Grilled Cheese.

Blessed Trinity had a second collection at the weekend masses to be sent to Catholic Charities for the Tsunami victims. I have always said that the people of Blessed Trinity are really a generous bunch. Gary Henderson said that the monies collected amounted to over $6000. Give us a need and we respond.

I read something by a Bob Hostetler in the January Family Circle. He have suggestions for New Year Resolutions and this was a good one. Give something away every day (or once a week, if that's too challenging). It could be money, but it doesn't have to be. A smile, a compliment or a helping hand will do just fine.

It is really fun to give things away and we have SO much. I am snug in our warm friendly home and feel so sorry for the homeless or those without the means to keep warm.

You keep warm and try giving something every day.

I give you friendship.

Mary

No comments: