Sunday, November 21, 2004

Last night I was just too tired to post. Bobbie and I got home from our day of deer hunting at about 8:30PM. The hunt was successful. Shane got a BIG buck, Jeff got a spike and Jason got a nice doe. But Bobbie and I have still not succeeded in bagging a deer. I am really getting rather discouraged. As Randy says, a lot is luck and just being in the right place.

The only deer I saw yesterday, was the one Shane got. It was too far away when I saw it and I knew if I fired, I would turn it away from Shane who was much closer.

I really think that my stand was just not a good place to be this year. It is the swamp and for some reason, there was LOTS of standing water. Poor Shane made the mistake of trying to cut accross to me to see if I had a knife and stepped into chest deep water. I am sure the deer are aware of this and have been avoiding the area. This does not make me feel better, but is a reason why I did not see anything.

I am planning to go up to Jeff's and hunt one more time with Jeff and Shane. If they go out Friday, I may do that too. We will be butchering on either Friday or Saturday.

Today, the choir sang and I had to give a little talk at church. It was OK. I know it is odd, but I really don't mind giving talks. I guess all those years as a mortgage banker were good for something.

Have a nice evening

Go Packers!!!!!

Mary

No comments: