Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Bret called tonight. He is keeping himself busy and looking forward to going out to Glamas for Thanksgiving. The Orange County Four Wheelers, the jeep club we belonged to, no longer exists but many of the members and members of other clubs that we befriended over the years still go out to the desert whenever they can and Thanksgiving is still a big deal.

This year they will have a rather sad task that weekend. Bobbie Iwinski, a dear friend, died in the past few months and he requested that his ashes be scattered at Glamas. He has three spots that he wants them scattered over. I guess he wanted everybody to have a good run while they did it.

My fondest memory of Bobbie is the run that Bret, Bart and I went on without Dick because he said he "had to work." (I think we really surprised him when we said we wanted to go anyway.) Bobbie was one of the guys who really kept an eye on us because he knew we were rookies and he drove me out of a tight spot or two because I was a bit nervious. God bless his soul and I hope he likes jeeping in the clouds. They have to be as good as sand dunes.

Love

Mary

No comments: