Tuesday, December 16, 2003

The Visiting Nurses will be here on Thursday at 1:00PM to set Dick up with his machine. I am so impressed with the speed of this process. We were initially given a two to three week window but I think because of the severity of Dick's apnea, they are really speeding up. Today, he stayed up all day but he is in bed now and it is only 7:00. Not a good sign for the night.

I have FINALLY used up all of the "Grandma's Flower Garden" petals that we found in Aunt Helen's house after she died. I have the quilt, of course, and have made several sets of placemats for some of my nieces and some doll blankets for a couple of others. The last pair of placemats will use everything up. I am giving them to Mary Michels Gustafson, Eileen and Fred's daughter. She married recently in a private ceremony and I think she would like a memory of Aunt Helen. She knew her well too.

Tonight, Foxy Roxie is back under her lamp on the desk. Big Oscar is taking up the rest of the desk. He came just as I was trying to sort through the paperwork that keeps piling up no matter what I do. I complain a bit about the lack of room but I do like having critters around me. "The Peaceable Kingdom" you know.

Just over a week til Christmas. Are you ready?

Love

Mary

No comments: