Thursday, December 11, 2003

Dick has been having trouble sleeping. His doctor thinks that perhaps if his poor sleeping habits could be determined and corrected it might help control his blood pressure, so I just dropped him off at Sheboygan Memorial for tests. They will hook him up to all kind of moniters and he will be done and wants me to pick him up at 7:00AM tomorrow. So I will have to go to bed and be there when he wants me to be.

I read the neatest thing in my Cadfael Book of Days.

"In our various degrees, we are all sinners. To acknowledge and accept that load is good. Perhaps even to acknowledge and accept it and not entertain either shame or regret may also be required of us. If we find we must still say: Yes, I would do the same again, we are making a judgement others may condemn. But how do we know that God will condemn it? His judgements are incrutable."

From Brother Cadfael's Penance Chapter 16.

Sometimes maybe we are required to do something or moved to do something against the "Rules". But it may be the thing to do. An interesting concept, not to be abused.


Love

Mary

No comments: