Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Wow, have I ever taken a break. It is almost a week and I vowed that I would post to this at LEAST every other day.

It has been busy and I have been terrible distracted.

Sunday, Bobbie, Jeff, Randy, Jessica and I went out to the woods to check out our stands for deer hunting which will open a week from Saturday. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. The sky was blue, the sun was warm, the grass smelled like new mown hay and it was crisp and perfect. Hope it is that nice on the opener.

I sit in the stand that Matt, Jeff's son, used to use. It overlooks the swamp and affords a nice view of a large area with several good shooting lanes. I did see several deer last year and got one shot off. I hope this is my year. I have paid my dues and really need to earn my keep now.

This Friday evening is the bust up party for the pistol league. I feel pretty good about it this time. The new Buckmark has made my scores go up considerably.

Winter is around the corner. It was almost up to 60 today, so I took advantage of the warmth to pull the last of the marigolds from my planter. I would like to share from Cadfael. Brother Cadfael's Penance, Chapter 1.

It is "A time to pause, to look round, to make sure that nothing had been neglected, no fence unrepaired, against the winter."

Hope your fences are all "repaired."


Mary





No comments: