Friday, November 14, 2003

This was a roller coaster day. First, a friend asked me to be the poetry portion of a St. Patrick's Day celebration at Richard's in Sheboygan Falls. Wow, what a privilege. I will read some of mine, some of the Irish greats and some silly tongue in cheek things.

Then, I come home to word that Bret is back in the hospital. He experienced the pain again and went to the hospital at 1:30AM. He has now successfully gone through an angeoplasty. There is now a teeny tiny balloon in a teeny tiny vein near his heart. He comes home at noon tomorrow so I will let him sleep tonight.

Then Bobbie, Jim and I went to the bust up party for the gun league. I have successfully moved from Novice to Sharpshooter since we started last year. The new Buckmark has really done wonders for my prowess. Going to a lighter single action from a heavier double action made my scores really soar.

THE MOUSE ON THE BARROOM FLOOR

Some Guinness was spilt on the barroom floor.
When the pub was shut for the night
Out of his hole crept a wee brown mouse,
And stood in the pale moonlight.

He lapped up the frothy brew from the floor,
Then back on his haunches he sat
And All night long you could hear him roar,
"Bring on the goddamn cat!".

Unknown Author


Mary

No comments: