Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Yesterday, I went for my weekly trap shoot in the league at Falls Conservation Club. It was a good day. I equaled my best score previously. I got a 16. This is very exciting for me. I started last year you know and the first time I shot, I only got 1. My partner, Rosalee, told the scorer that it was my first time and I got one quick instuction. "Point the gun that way."

Actually, over the past year many of the shooters have been very helpful in giving my tips. I have been doing some reading and watched a couple of videos. Sometimes I have the most trouble when I try to remember too many things at once. This week, I concentrated on pulling the gun tight to my shoulder, keeping my cheek on the wood and following through. I know when I am off. Sometimes not quite why, but I know it is wrong. And even better, I know when it is right.

Anyway. I wanted to share. Trap shooting is REALLY fun.

Love

Mary

No comments: