Friday, June 06, 2003

Two very busy days with no time to post. But today I can begin again.

Today is a wine day. We have a batch of Chardonnay that is ready to be siphoned into the secondary fermentor. Always exciting and tomorrow and the next day we will be racking both Merlot and Beaujolais. After this racking they MAY be ready to bottle. It depends on how they clear up.

I wrote a little poem for my class reunion. We had a meeting last night and the others liked it so I will put it in the Memory Book that we are preparing for the event. I will share it with you all. Let me know what you think.

Class of 1958

We were Invincible.
We walked tall and
Strode into the now
With great promise.
We dreamed of a future
Higher than the hills.

We are Invincible.
We walk tall and
Stride into this future
With giant steps.
We leave a path
Wider than the sea.

In preparing this booklet for the reunion, I am so impressed by the people that I graduated with. They have left paths that are wider than the sea and brought such good to this Earth.

Mary

No comments: