Saturday, June 07, 2003

Some days are so hard and it is so hard to hear the sadness in my Mother's voice. Today we received word that her brother, my uncle Roman Bowser, died in Austin Texas. He has been ill and earlier this week they decided that there was not much more they could do in the hospital. He wanted to go home. And home he went. He got home yesterday and he died this morning - so he must have been waiting to be home and with his Mary Ann.

Uncle Roman was a wonderful man, a World War II Veteran who served through the Viet Nam War. He retired and taught high school history for many years too. I remember him from my childhood in my first memories. He was 82 years old.

Work like you don't need the money
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like nobody's watching
Sing like nobody's listening
Live like it's heaven on earth.

I read the above somewhere. Uncle Roman would like it. Remember him in your prayers.

Mary

No comments: