Thursday, June 12, 2003

Today was a beautiful day in Wisconsin. The sun was shining. The temperatures were pleasant. We had lots of errands to do so were out and about for most of the morning. I sit in the office this evening and can hear birds singing outside. So pleasant. This is what it is all about.

Went to Quilt Guild last night. It was a good meeting. The speaker lives in Wausau but spent 10 years in Hawaii and told us a lot about Hawaiian quilting and had a wonderful slide presentation of two quilt shows in Hawaii. I was very impressed that one of the most prolific quilters and designers in the show is a man. Bart and Barbara (my son and daughter in law, for those that don't know) came down from De Pere for dinner so Barbara could to to the Guild meeting with me. That was fun too. I do like to spend time with them. Barb needed a bit of time out too. Bart stayed here and watched TV in the family room downstairs. He has been having a lot of pain and other problems lately. He loves cats and I was pleased that both Big Oscar and Foxy Roxie spent some time with him purring and being general cuddlers. Good for all of them.

Mary

No comments: